Thursday, June 25, 2015

Welcome to Upper Elementary!



Greetings, earthlings.


Rachel here. I am a 4th grade teacher in Loudoun County, Virginia. Blogging, for me, was inevitable since I have been a writer at heart for so many years. But I finally felt it impressed upon my heart to share my love for teaching in this form.

Being an elementary teacher, I certainly enjoy my fair share of “cute” things, but my creativity and gifting certainly doesn’t lie in arts and crafts, but rather in incorporating those elements, and others, into the instructional design. Both the developmental age of the students and the curriculum of the upper elementary grades lend themselves nicely to the way in which I like to teach.

My overall hope and goal is to post strategies and thoughts that inspire you and ideas that promote and strengthen higher level thinking skills in your students. The purpose behind my classroom setup and decor is to create an environment that fosters the maturation, independence, and problem solving skills of my students, providing space for all types of activities that will spur them onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment